Sunday, October 30, 2011

In My Mailbox (October 23rd-29th 2011)

Photobucket
Hosted by The Story Siren
Wonderful batch of books this week. I'm insanely excited to read The Tiger's Wife which for some reason I still haven't managed to so I definitely plant to get to that soon. Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking broke my heart when I read it (review here) and Blue Nights deals with the death of her daughter so I imagine it'll be just as tragic and I'll have to make sure I'm not already feeling down when I read it. As somebody doing their masters with plants of course I am excited about a plant book- Untamed Garden. World War II fascinates me and I especially love a story about inspiring women so I was really excited about A Train In Winter, so excited I apparently got it from two sources! The Chronicles of Harris Burdick looks absolutely gorgeous, as does the Fred Herzog photography book and overall I just can't wait to dig into these gems.

{For Review}
Chronicles of Harris Burdick: Fourteen Amazing Authors Tell the Tales by Chris Van Allsburg (Thomas Allen)
Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber (Thomas Allen)
A Train in Winter by Caroline Moorehead (ARC) (TLC Book Tours)
Chosen by Chandra Hoffman (TLC Book Tours)
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (Unsolicited) (Scholastic Canada)
Fred Herzog: Photographs (D&M Publishers)
A Train in Winter by Caroline Moorehead (Random House Canada)
Untamed Garden by Sonia Day (Random House Canada)
Blue Nights by Joan Didion (Random House Canada)
The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht (Random House Canada)

Have you read any of these books? What was in your mailbox this week? 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great haul this week. A Train in Winter is a book I did a Waiting on Wednesday post for a couple of weeks ago, so I'm eager to read what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Au Revoir Crazy European Chick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Scorpio Races it sounds so original! Great haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read the Scorpio Races! :) It looks really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh awesome books this week, Zoë! :D As you already know from my blog, I'm psyched for The Scorpio Races, and I hope that you like it too when you get the chance to read it! :D I've heard of The Tiger Wife...but I can't really remember where or how, so once you read it, you'll have to tell me all about it! haha

    Happy Reading Zoë!
    Ambur

    PS. Happy Birthday once again...I'm seriously just gonna say that every time I contact you in any shape or form today...twitter and goodreads next perhaps...lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!