Friday, October 21, 2011

Dewey 24 Hour Readathon October 2011

Having made the decision (approximately an hour ago) to participate in the readathon, of course I got all excited and had to pick out a stack of books for tomorrow. I aimed for an eclectic mix so I don't get bored of any one type and although I am definitely not reading them all, hopefully I'll get a chance to finish at least one or two! 
The stack of wonderfulness contains:
  1. Love Alone by Emmanuel Kattan (More of a literary novel for an upcoming book tour) 
  2. Prized by Caragh M. O'Brien (About a third into this one and loving it, so it'll be first to be picked up tomorrow!)  
  3. Waking Storms by Sarah Porter (Not released till next year but I loved the first book so I'm excited for this. Plus, mermaids!)  
  4. Practical Jean by Trevor Cole (This one is a bit of a satire, it's also for an upcoming tour, I figure if I need some dark humour I'll start it)  
  5. The Apothecary by Maile Meloy (I'd been planning on the audio but I didn't like the narrator but I love Meloy's short stories so of course I have to try this.)  
  6. Invisible Strings by Jim Moore (Poetry for when I feel the need to feel like I've actually finished a book) 
  7. Eating Dirt by Charlotte Gill (My non-fiction choice for the day, about tree-planting) 
  8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (I'll be listening to the audio)
  9. TruthBeauty by Alison Nordstrom (Art book for when I need some pictures)
  10. Not Pictured: Liesel and Po by Lauren Oliver (MG on my e-reader!) 
So ten books... yeah so not happening, but it was fun picking out what I would read under the most optimistic of circumstances if I had one of those Harry Potter watches that let me rewind time so I could spend hours and hours reading. Also, the incredibly ugly couch in the background is where I'll be doing most of my reading cause it sure is comfy.

And the reason I won't be participating the whole time is actually another stack of reading I have to do:
Yay Thesis Reading/Writing
Are you participating in tomorrow's read-a-thon? If so, what books do you plan to pick up?

Also I promise this is my last read-a-thon related post that isn't my read-a-thon post. That'll be up tomorrow when I finally start reading so it's not cluttered with all my idealism and I don't have to get depressed by the lack of reading I've done every time I open it to edit and see the picture of my stack of books!

8 comments:

  1. YAY! I have only attempted to read for one readathon and I chose ONE book, starting at the first page the minute the 'thon started. But I ended up online most of the time and so that is why I only cheer anymore. I, too, have family obligations which will make it difficult to devote exclusive time but I know it will be tons of fun.
    CHEERS!
    (oh, and may I suggest you turn off the wordvert for just tomorrow? Makes commenting SO MUCH easier and hopefully you won't be spammed to death if only one day.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Care- I'll do that right now! I had no idea it was on, I just got rid of Disquis to make commenting easier and here it turns out it has been more difficult. Whoops. Thanks for letting me know and for stopping by. I am excited to participate as much as I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've listed three books to read. Hope I'll be able to read at least two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I'm participating as well. I picked tons of books but don't expect to read them all or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choices for the RAT today!! Have fun no matter which reading you end of doing!! Though the books look more fun to me!!

    Cheering you on with the Golden Graham team!

    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best parts of the readathon is the MANY MANY MANY choices from ginromous stacks of books :) Have a fun readathon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're participating in the read-a-thon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!