Saturday, February 12, 2011

In My Mailbox (February 6th-12th 2011)


{For Review}
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua (TLC Tours)
Minding Ben by Victoria Brown (ARC) (Voice) (Unsolicited, as far as I can tell, no idea how I got this one...)
Delirium by Lauren Oliver (Harper Collins Canada)
The Spot by David Means (D&M Publishers Inc)
Invisible by Paul Auster (Picador)
Eight White Nights by Andre Aciman (Picador)
The Shaking Woman or A History of My Nerves by Siri Hustvedt (Picador)

My mailbox was (slightly) more empty than usual this week, but then Friday three awesome books from Picador arrived. I was really excited about Delirium, which I've already read and there will be a review later this month. A random thing I learned today from a friend after getting these books is that two of the authors- Auster and Hustvedt- are actually married to each other. I may have to do a battle of the sexes at some point. I was also thinking I could compare Krauss VS Foer- anyone else know any awesome married author couples?

All the books sound great and I am looking forward to reading them. The second half of this week was pretty slow reading-wise for me as I've been dealing with some health issues that make me feel pretty gross but I've got a great stack of books lined up for next week and I'm excited to dig into them.

How was your mailbox this week?

6 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon. I know I got my copy of Minding Ben via Shelf Awareness. Might that be how you got it?

    Shannon K. Butcher and Jim Butcher who both write varieties of science fiction and fantasy are married.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Delirium everywhere. I need to go get a copy ASAP--sounds ike a great book. Fun mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great IMM! Can't wait to get my hands on Delirium! Enjoy!! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books.
    I'm in the middle of Delirium at the moment and am worried about what is going to happen.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.

    Here's Mine: http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Invisible sounds really interesting, but I read another book by Auster and didn't love it. It might have been the mood I was in, though -- the descriptions of his books always sound so good to me that I keep thinking that I should give him another try. I'd be interested to read your thoughts on that novel...

    My IMM: http://wonderlauren-reads.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-my-mailbox-mid-february.html

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reads. I really want to read Amy Chua's book. And I got Delirium this week too.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!