Saturday, February 26, 2011

In My Mailbox (February 20th-26th 2011)

This week my mailbox wasn't exceptionally busy but it was kinda nice to read more books than I received- maybe I'll finally make a dent in my TBR pile.
{For Review}
The Divinity Gene by Matthew J. Trafford (D&M Publishers)
Tiger, Tiger: A Memoir by Margaux Fragoso (D&M Publishers)
{Gift}
The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa
Grimms' Fairy Tales by Brothers Grimm 
Even the Dogs by Jon McGregor

All three gift books came from my wonderful buddy Laala. The Pessoa is one of her most favourite books and she has been insisted I read it for awhile but the library doesn't have it- her solution was to order me a copy from the book depo! I'm not complaining though. The other two were ones she had doubles of that I was lusting over, especially Even The Dogs as I loved the first McGregor I read. The book itself has an interesting fabric type cover, I'm not sure I've ever seen on American books (this is the UK edition).

Both review books look wonderful and I love a good memoir, after all I was just lusting over Tiger, Tiger so my wish was fulfilled. The short story collection should also be really good.

How was your mailbox this week?

12 comments:

  1. love books ... love getting mail .. double 'yay'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to look up Book of Disquiet. She gave you some awesome reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great-looking books...Tiger, Tiger is on my wish list.

    Enjoy!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard some good things about Tiger, Tiger. The cover looks gorgeous as well; Enjoy reading!

    Take a look at what I found in my Mailbox last week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great selection of new books. Tiger, Tiger is really of interest to me. enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the cover of Tiger, Tiger! I hope you enjoy all of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiger Tiger's on my list to read. You had a great book week this week. Nice mailbox! You can find my mailbox over here if you'd like: http://blog.juliealindsey.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/mailbox-monday-imperfect-endings.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love books with interesting covers. I hope they're all good reads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiger Tiger is the one I am looking out for!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!