Saturday, February 12, 2011

Film Feature: Atlas Shrugged

Atlas Shrugged is a book I read about half of after loving The Fountainhead in high school but got distracted and never managed to finish. With the trailer for the upcoming film, part 1 of 2 that will are based on the book and from what I can determine follow the storyline pretty closely, just released I have an even bigger reason to finally dig into this tome. The film Atlas Shrugged stars Taylor Schilling as Dagny Taggart and although I have only seen Schilling in the television program Mercy, she looks like she'll do a good job. I believe the movie is fairly low budget, and it is the director's first full length film, but the trailer has me hooked.
If the film has peaked your interest or you're just looking for an opportunity to read a little Rand, Allie over at A Literary Odyssey is hosting a readalong of the book for March-April; perfect timing for seeing the movie! Click here to sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!