Saturday, November 13, 2010

In My Mailbox (November 7th-13th 2010)

Not much going on in my mailbox this week, but with a library due date and the end of term both approaching that's probably a good thing! The books I did get sound awesome but it wasn't enough to bother with pictures so I'm just sharing cover images.


{For Review}
Heidegger’s Glasses by Thaisa Frank (TLC Tours)

{Gift}

Zeitoun by Dave Eggers
Read Hard: Five Years of Writing from the Believer

From the wonderful Laala, a birthday present sent me all from all the way across the world of my favourite things, books and a letter :) Zeitoun has metallic silver embedded on the cover (and it's a hardcover) which I think is pretty cool. After loving What is the What, I can't wait to read Eggers' non-fiction.

My semester is pretty insane so I may get a bit behind on reviews besides for those that are actually scheduled already. This weekend besides schoolwork I plan to take a few breaks with Outside the Ordinary World by Dori Ostermiller, and next week I may dig slightly into The Eden Express by Mark Vonnegut and A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon. There are a few reviews coming up as well although I'm sorry if I'm not around for commenting much til December. In the meantime don't forget to enter my current giveaway, Unstoppable in Stilettos.

1 comment:

  1. Song of the Rose
    For Zeus chose us a King of the flowers in his mirth,
    He would call to the rose, and would royally crown it;
    For the rose, ho, the rose! is the grace of the earth,
    Is the light of the plants that are growing upon it!
    For the rose, ho, the rose! is the eye of the flowers,
    Is the blush of the meadows that feel themselves fair,
    Is the lightning of beauty that strikes through the bowers
    On pale lovers that sit in the glow unaware.
    Ho, the rose breathes of love! ho, the rose lifts the cup
    To the red lips of Cypris invoked for a guest!
    Ho, the rose having curled its sweet leaves for the world
    Takes delight in the motion its petals keep up,
    As they laugh to the wind as it laughs from the west.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!