Sunday, November 21, 2010

Best Books of 2010: Amazon Editor's Picks

Amazon Editor's Picks for the 100 best books of 2010 are now available, and unsurprisingly I've only read two of them (and those were both in the last month!) However there are definitely a few more that interest me.

Have Read
  1. By Nightfall by Michael Cunningham (Review Here
  2. Great House by Nicole Krauss (Review Here)
Want to Read
  1. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
  2. Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
  3. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson *
  4. The Imperfectionists: A Novel by Tom Rachman
  5. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
  6. Major Pettigrew's Last Stand: A Novel by Helen Simonson *
  7. Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King *
  8. The Lonely Polygamist: A Novel by Brady Udall
  9. Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue *
  10. Bloodroot by Amy Greene
  11. Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel by Gary Shteyngart * 
  12. Revolution by Jennifer Donnell *
  13. Half a Life by Darin Strauss 
  14. The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet: A Novel by David Mitchell 
  15. The Unnamed by Joshua Ferris *
  16. Innocent by Scott Turow 
* indicates I already own a copy, in the case of all books except Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, where I am on schedule for a book tour but haven't received it yet

Although the majority of the 100 books were not of interest to me,  I will probably use these 16 books as a reminder when I am looking for something to pick up in 2011. I am always curious to see these kind of lists, especially since I have finally started reading again in 2010. Do you check out "Best of" lists? Are there any on the Amazon Editor's List that you have been meaning to read but haven't yet? 

1 comment:

  1. I've read 5 from this list, but have several more. Thanks for posting this one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!