Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Wishlist Lust (2)


Books I'm lusting over that didn't make it onto my previous 2 lists (sequels and stand-alones). It has nothing to do with how much I'm lusting, it has to do with short lists and new amazing books I'm discovering and adding to my wishlist every day.
1 Counting Backwards by Laura Lascarso (August 14th 2012)

I love a good contemporary YA novel, and this one takes place in a juvenile correction facility– a location just begging for an exciting story and it looks like Lascarso is going to deliver one in what I hope will be an angry and powerful debut novel.

2.  Every Day by David Levithan (August 28th 2012)

I've read quite a few books by Levithan but I seem to like him more when he writes with a co-author than his solo books. Still, they are always unique and easy to read and this one has an intriguing premise with a genderless main character who wakes up in a new body every day. I'll definitely be giving it a try when it's published. 
3.  Blind Spot by Laura Ellen (October 23rd 2012)

I actually have a short story I never quite finished writing about a girl with degenerative blindness and when I heard about this novel dealing with the same issue, but combining it with a murder mystery, I was instantly intrigued. I love the cover, the premise, the fact that the author herself has the same disease as the main character, and I am incredibly excited to read this unique debut. 

4.  Promised by Caragh M. O'Brien (October 2nd 2012)

One of my very favourite dystopian series is coming to an end this fall, and I can't wait to see how O'Brien connects the themes from the first two novels in this final book.
5. Live Through This by Mindi Scott (October 2nd 2012)

What a dark and secretive story! I haven't read Scott's debut Freefall yet but I don't really remember it catching my attention like her followup has. I already want to know more about this relationship that crossed the line, and what it means for the main character's future and the crush she's getting closer to.

6. Break my Heart 1,000 Times by Daniel Waters (October 16th 2012)

Creepy cover, creepy story. It's about a future where ghosts don't move on, but one man's daughter never came back as a ghost. Another girl is trying to investigate why these ghosts exists and she's the perfect host for his dead daughter. A paranormal dark and twisty mystery, I hope the writing lives up to the strong premise of this novel.
7. Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio (September 25th 2012)

I have no idea how Jio can write this fast, but here's her third novel in less than 2 years and it sounds just as good as her first two which I loved. They're adult books that mix genres, combining a historical and contemporary storyline with romance and mystery.

8. The Forgetting Tree by Tatjana Soli (September 4th 2012)

I absolutely adored Soli's debut The Lotus Eaters and it still sticks in my mind over a year later as one of the most beautifully written books I've read. I was incredibly excited that just because she writes so thoughtfully, doesn't mean that I have to wait a decade for her second novel, and I'll definitely be picking this one up in September.
9. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller (June 19th 2012)

I pre-ordered this one ages ago and have been eagerly awaiting it ever since. It's told from the perspective of a marine that has just come home from Afghanistan where his best friend was killed and is trying to pick up the pieces of his life. Doller's writing is incredibly beautiful from the snippets I've read and I can't wait to dive into a full length story from her.

10. All These Lives by Sarah Wylie (June 5th 2012)

I always love a good twin story since I am one myself. This one is about a girl who thinks she has nine lives and sets out to get rid of them, hoping her twin sister who has cancer will end up with one. It sounds like a really emotional story. 

What's on your wishlist?

1 comment:

  1. I've only read one David Levithan book, "The Lover's Dictionary"...and it was one of my favorite books last year! I hope Every Day is just as good too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!