Monday, May 07, 2012

Author Susanne Winnacker on the Top 10 Books She's Anticipating

I love to read. No surprise there, I guess. But as a teen I didn’t read as much as I do today. Maybe I thought it was uncool or maybe I didn’t take the time to discover just how many wonderful books are out there.

Nowadays, no matter where I am, I always pay a visit to the local book stores and most of the time end up buying something, though my to-read pile is already daunting.

Today I’d like to give you my most anticipated books. (They will join my to-read pile as soon as possible!)

1. Book 3 of the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth – I read Insurgent a few days ago and I’m dying to read the next book!
2. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger – I love her adult series (Parasol Protectorate) so I’m very excited about her first YA series!
3. Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs – I’m a huge fan of her Mercedes Thompson series and I can’t wait to read book 7!
4. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer – Cinder was one of my favorite reads this year!
5. Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor – Daughter of Smoke and Bone was a 2011 favorite. So excited to read book 2!
6. Skinny by Donna Cooner – A girl with obesity who undergoes gastric-bypass surgery and tries to figure out who she is and what she wants. It sounds amazing.
7. Butter by Erin Jade Lange – A boy called Butter is going to eat himself to death on the internet. That was all I needed to hear. I’m so so so excited about this book.
8. Body and Soul by Stacey Kade – I really enjoyed the first two books in The Ghost and the Goth series!
9. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – It sounds awesome and the cover is fantastic!
10. Ten by Gretchen McNeil – I love horror stories. As a teenager I devoured Dean Koontz and Stephen King, so I can’t wait to read Gretchen’s take on YA horror!

Of course the list could go on and on, but the books above are my top ten!

Thanks for having me on your blog, Zoe!  

Susanne Winnacker studied law and lives with her husband, a dog and three bunnies in the Ruhrgebiet, Germany. She loves coffee (in every shape and form), traveling and animals. 

Thanks so much to Susanne for stopping by In The Next Room! To learn more about her debut novel, The Other Life, stop by her website. Click here to check out the other stops on this tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!