Tuesday, May 08, 2012

It's Monday, what are you reading? (23)

Hosted by The Book Journey
Last week I finished reading:
Zero by Tom Leveen
This is definitely one of those books that grew on me, I wasn't totally hooked at the beginning but as I kept reading Zero's personality and the story grew on me, resulting in a novel I really enjoyed. It's times like these I'm glad I'm not one of those readers that instantly gives up on a book (or I never would have stuck with Blood Red Road by Moira Young either!)

The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper with Greg Critser
I thought this was a pretty good book, some of the "rules" are obvious (get a good night of sleep) but Harper provides evidence for all of them, as well as debunking a few myths and reminding me to stop drinking fruit juice. Even the no sugars added kind.

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
Two well-loved contemporary YA authors, neither of whom I've read previously, but when this surprise ARC of their shared trilogy showed up in my mailbox I was excited to give it a try. I really enjoyed it, it's got a very very slight paranormal twist but I wanted slightly more out of the ending... which I think just means I have to wait for book 2.

What I plan to read this week:
I Am Forbidden by Anouk Markovits
Really beautifully written... that's about all I say so far.

Flock by Wendy Delsol
The final book in one of my favourite trilogies. I'm halfway done and pretty sad it's ending, but it looks like things are going to be intense. Katla has one of my favourite voices in YA and I'll miss her once the Stork Trilogy is finally done. 

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
My copy needs to ARRIVE. I pre-ordered this... and it's not here yet. But I'll be reading it the moment it is.

What are you reading this Monday? 

1 comment:

  1. I totally didn't even notice I missed commenting on your Monday post...your Lust List waylaid me! haha :P

    Zero sounds like it was the way While He Was Away was for me, but for you! haha I'm glad I stick with books, too...otherwise you might miss some books that you end up loving, and that would suck!

    haha I'm glad you left me Burn For Burn since you liked it so much!

    Awe, I hope you like the ending of Flock and that it doesn't disappoint, since I know you love that series so much...and at least once the series ends you can reread it whenever you want...if you find the time! :P lol

    Yay for Insurgent! Your copy does NEED to come...then we can talk about it! haha

    You had a great week Zoe, and I'll think you'll have another this week...especially if Insurgent turns up! :D
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!