Friday, December 31, 2010

Favourite Books of 2010- Adult

2010 was the year I got back into reading again, and I read a slew of incredible literature of which this list is just a taste. I fully recommend all these books (listed by preference) and I can only hope that 2011 is as amazing. 

Honorable Mentions:
-The Guernsey Literary and the Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
-The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
-After the Quake by Haruki Murakami
-Identity by Milan Kundera
-Written on the Body by Jeannette Winterson
-This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
-Fire in the Blood by Irène Némirovsky
-Left Neglected by Lisa Genova

10. Zoli by Colum McCann
(Review)
9. So Many Ways to Begin by Jon McGregor (Review)
8. Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller 
7. The Bishop's Man by Linden MacIntyre
6. Vanishing and Other Stories by Deborah Willis (Review)
5. A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood (Review)
4. By Nightfall by Michael Cunningham (Review)
3. The Art of Disappearing by Ivy Pochoda (Review)
2. Half-Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls (Review)
And the number one book I read in 2010 is..

1. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (Review)

4 comments:

  1. we have the same number 1 pick for 2010.

    happiest new year to you zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one of your top 10 I read was Half Broke Horses. I guess I'll have to add The Gargoyle to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 5 of your honorable mentions on my Wishlist but most of your top 10 is new to me, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your revie3w for Gargoyle, wow, I added to my Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!