Saturday, August 06, 2011

In My Mailbox (July 31st-August 6th 2011)

This week a big batch of books from Random House that I'd been excitedly waiting for finally arrived and I can't wait to dig into them all; it includes a great batch of Canadian authors and a memoir I'm very excited for (Don't Kill the Birthday Girl) about life with allergies. I also spurged on a batch of books I purchased but they won't show up in my mailbox posts as I sent them to my family home as I doubt I would have had a chance to read them before I move. I also got a couple really great sounding YA, I'm especially excited about Dark Parties. I read a rave review of Rules of Civility, which takes place in 1938 New York, and I'm very excited to give it a try myself.
East of the West by Miroslav Penkov (Random House Canada)
Don't Kill The Birthday Girl by Sandra Beasley (Random House Canada)
The Tao of Travel by Paul Theroux (Random House Canada)
Vital Signs by Tessa McWatt (Random House Canada)
Fauna by Alissa York (Random House Canada)
The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb (Random House Canada)
The Rules of Civility by Amor Towles (Penguin Canada)
Dark Parties by Sara Grant (Little Brown, Books for Younger Readers)
Guardians of the Dead by Karen Healey (Little Brown, Books for Younger Readers)

Are you looking forward to reading any of these titles? What was in your mailbox this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!