Saturday, January 08, 2011

In My Mailbox (January 2nd-8th 2011)

Although I received many books over the holidays I didn't take appropriate photographs, plus there were just so many, that I figured the best bet in discussing what books I had gotten was to start over again in the new year. My first week of mail when I returned home after the holidays was definitely a welcome batch of awesomeness that I look forward to reading.

{For Review}
An Exclusive Love by Johanna Adorian (Random House Canada)
Small Wars by Sadie Jones (TLC Tours)
Bride of New France by Suzanne Desrochers (ARC) (Penguin Canada)
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson (TLC Tours)
Annabel by Kathleen Winter (Grove/Atlantic Inc.)
The Girl with Glass Feet by Ali Shaw (Picador)
Incendiary by Chris Cleave (Random House Canada)
Across the Universe by Beth Revis (ARC) (Penguin Canada)
The Sentimentalists by Johanna Skibsrud (D&M Publishers)
A Mermaid's Tale by Amanda Adams (D&M Publishers)
A Woman in the Polar Night by Christiane Ritter (D&M Publishers)
Subject Seven by James Moore (ARC) (Penguin Canada)
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (ARC) (Penguin Canada)
Cloaked by Alex Finn (ARC) (Harper Collins Canada)
Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay (ARC) (Harper Collins Canada)

{Won}
Jitters: A Quirky Little Audio Book by Adele Park (Audio book)
At least... I think I won this. I can't seem to find any record of how I would have come to receive it.

I'm really excited about all these books although I may have to stop accepting review copies for a little while, my to read stack is just so big. And wonderful. But very big. I've pretty much had to limit my reading to review copies until I get a chance to catch up a bit. How'd your mailbox treat you this week?

16 comments:

  1. What a great selection! I can't wait to read Across the Universe -- I'm really looking forward to that one, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have CLOAKED?! I'm very jealous, I'ver really been enjoying Finn's fairy tale re-writes and can't wait for this one to come out.

    A WOMAN IN THE POLAR NIGHT and THE GIRL WITH GLASS FEET, both look really interesting. I'm going to have to go look those up.

    Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Across the Universe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait til Across The Universe is released!!!

    Annabel look intriguing. Hope you enjoy all your books. Happy Reading XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome books. Across The Universe is a fantastic book...I Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great selection of books to choose from there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got such a great list of books. Most of them are new to me. I will be eager to hear what you think of them (and became a follower so I could.) I did read and enjoy Across the Universe. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. I've heard great things. And I'm excited for Across the Universe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great stack of books! They all look fantastic. Happy reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox
    Dont forget to enter my 100Follower Giveway
    ...you have a chance of getting a book in a choice of four fatastic YA novels!

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of books! I hope you enjoy them all! New follower.

    Happy Reading,
    Zakiya - My IMM is here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll be reading across the universe for the DAC challenge but haven't bought my copy yet. :) Looking forward to reading it though.

    To check out what I got for this week here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard great things about Across the Universe, I can't wait to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read The Girl with Glass Feet. What a stunning image just in the title.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a MUST HAVE for the incarnated Mermaid or lover of Mermaids indeed. The book is absolutely filled with MER information and written in such an eloquently creative style matching the era of today and keeping the flavor of the past alive too. I need to write the author a letter to thank her for such an exquisite work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!