Saturday, March 12, 2011

In My Mailbox (March 6th-12th 2011)

My mailbox wasn't too busy this week, but I didn't get that much reading done either, so it was definitely a good thing. I'm really excited about the books I did get though.

{For Review}
The Raising by Laura (TLC Tours)
Elegy for April by Benjamin Black (Picador)
On the Outside Looking Indian by Rupinder Gill (Two Copies) (Random House Canada)

I have already read The Raising, which was awesome and will have a review coming up soon. My copy arrived pretty damaged, mostly on the side and back although sorta on the cover too although you can't really tell after I flattened it but it's torn so I'll probably buy a new copy at some point. Elegy for April is the 3rd book in the Quirke Series, I just got #1, Christine Falls, last week so this was good timing, even though I need to buy #2 at some point.  

On the Outside Looking Indian not only has an adorable awesome cover, complete with metallic writing and gloss on the sunglasses, but I think the back cover blurbs are hilarious and I'm really excited to see what the inside of the book offers. Here's a glimpse of it for those who's interest I've peaked:
You can click to enlarge the text and read it better. I thought it was a really fun way to do it. Also, isn't that little Indian girl on the jacket adorable?

{Bought}
More Than It Hurts You by Darin Strauss

Strauss' memoir, Half a Life, has been getting rave reviews from everyone I know. It was a bit pricey so I decided to try out his fiction first with a gift card I had. I also have a couple more books arriving but they got shipped separately. And I bought a game of Scrabble Flash, because I'm a nerd like that and it seemed like a fun way to get some wordy fun in without a computer or a partner. 

Anyway that's it for my mailbox this week, how was yours?

8 comments:

  1. I heard that The Raising is a really good book, and I hope you'll enjoy it as well; Happy reading!


    Take a look at what's in my Mailbox this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Raising sounds like a great read! And I love the cover for More Than It Hurts You. Enjoy your wonderful books!
    Here's my IMM: http://booksofamber.blogspot.com/2011/03/in-my-mailbox-17-and-weekly-roundup.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! Sorry to hear that you didn't get much reading done this week. I hate week's like those. I had one as well. It took my 5 days to read one book. :( Ooh well, there's always next week! Happy reading!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads / Twitter
    Check out my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mailbox! These books sound great! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks good. you got great books. I'll have to check some of them. Have fun reading them

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been curious about the Raising---I'll be on the lookout for your review of it! Enjoy your books this weeK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More Than It Hurts You immedialtey attracts my attention, this sounds somehow like a very sad read and I have to check it out! Enjoy your reads and the weekend:)
    My IMM can be found here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books you got this week. They all look really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!