Saturday, May 03, 2014

Book Recommendation: Unteachable by Leah Raeder


I won't be doing a full review of Unteachable by Leah Raeder because I am lucky enough to have known the author before she published her book, and I don't feel "removed" enough to review it properly. However, as I was going through the list of books I read in 2013 I realized this one had never gotten to share the little space that is In The Next Room and I had to fix with that as best as I could. It's actually fantastic timing, as the book was just republished by Atria with a new cover (shared above) so now it is easier than ever for you to pick up a copy and read! The paperback release date is October 23rd.

Unteachable is a New Adult novel about a teenage girl and a teacher, but it's more complicated than that. It's a hookup that should be something more, a passion that has too much fire to survive. Raeder's writing is vivid and gorgeous, and her words are edible and rich. This is the only NA book I have read, and although there is some sex in it, the core of it is the main character, Maise. She may be damaged, but she's still full of life.

I don't have much more to say about this book besides that you absolutely need to pick it up! Here's a Book Depository link if you want to pre-order! I have the old cover but I am thinking I need to have twin copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!