Monday, June 18, 2012

It's Monday, what are you reading? (27)

I've been away from these for awhile because I haven't been reading much, but I'm going to try to change that, so here's this last week!

Last week I finished reading: 
Promised by Caragh M. O'Brien
Conflicted emotions about this book, yes it was awesome and satisfying, but it was also the last book in one of my favourite trilogies which means that Gaia's story is over. Definitely recommend it though!

Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
The romance in this was a little weird, I didn't quite believe that so many guys would be desperate over Mira, even if they were "fated" to be together. But I loved the world-building and the darkness of the fairytale retelling, really original and wonderful to read. 

What I plan to read this week:
The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
Going to be finishing this one today, I actually have been listening to it on audiobook at the gym. I'm enjoying it a lot, but I kinda wonder how special it would be if you didn't grow up during the 90s and have this nostalgia about VHS and dial-up internet.

See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles
I really don't like the cover of this book, but the story sounded intriguing. It's a middle grade I think, because the main character is 12, but it definitely has cross over appeal. I'm actually about a quarter the way in and loving it so far. I know there's a dark twist eventually though, kinda has my stomach in knots wondering what/when it will be.

Shine by Lauren Myracle
Just started this, really moving so far and I'm only one or two chapters in. It's one I've been meaning to pick up for awhile now, so I'm glad I've finally done it.

All These Lives by Sarah Wylie
This sounds really intriguing, I love twin stories, and I've heard the writing is quite lovely. I haven't finished 4 books in a week in probably two months but I'm going to be ambitious and see how it goes.

What are you reading this Monday?

6 comments:

  1. I've seen Shine around. Hope you enjoy finishing all your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it around lots too, and I got a copy a few weeks ago so now it's time to give it a try. I don't think I've seen a single bad review.

      Delete
  2. Reading "Before I Fall" by Lauren Oliver, think I saw it here first. Kind of a different read for me, really getting into it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so amazing, I hope you fall in love with it too.

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these books, but Kill Me Softly has my interest. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you loved Promised, but I totally understand you being conflicted with it. It's always kind of strange when you finally finish a series, but I kind of like it...it's almost like you don't have to wait anymore for anymore books and you kind of get a sense of finality...at least usually. :P haha I definitely can't wait to read it. :D

    As to The Future of Us, I think that's part of it's charm. It's obviously more targeted at an audience that will recognize all that stuff, or towards people who like the idea of being able to see into your own future. I still need to read that one myself, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. :)

    Also, you've totally been tweaking your buttons, header, and overall design...I like it. :D

    Glad to be reading your Monday posts again! Hopefully we'll both get to read lots again! Happy reading, Zoë! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!